Trap for the monitoring and the mass trapping of spotted-wing drosophila (Drosophila suzukii)
Use DROSAL® Pro for the monitoring and the mass trapping of Drosophila suzukii.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION:
The most affected crops are:
– Berries: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
– Fruit: cherries, plums, apricots, figs, kiwis, persimmons
– Vineyard: table grapes and wine grapes
– Vegetables: tomatoes, peppers
– Ornamental plants: camellias (Camelia japonica), Styrax japonicus
DROSAL® Pro is composed of a cup container, a lid with specific holes that allow the insect entry and a special hook for hanging the trap.
Use the trap together with the specific DrosaLure attractant, which has to be poured inside the trap container.
DrosaLure is a very attractive stabilized substance for Drosophila suzukii. It can be combined with any kind of trap that uses liquid attractant.
Main components: apple vinegar, red wine, sugar, natural flavours.
Fill each the trap with about 100 ml of DrosaLure.
MODES OF APPLICATION:
The traps should be set up before the first appearance of the spotted-wing drosophila (or at the latest when the fruit begins to change colour). In order to monitor the starting of the insect flight, DROSAL® Pro traps should be placed at the border of the cultivated area and, when possible, in correspondence of neighbouring woods/bushes, at 5-10 m intervals.
As soon as the first spotted-wing drosophila is caught inside the monitoring traps or in the region, a belt of traps should be laid around the cultivated area: it is recommended to install a trap every 2 m along the border of the cultivated land.
In case of severe infestation:
After 10 days, place another trap between those already installed, reducing in this way the distance between them.
In case of positioning on fruit trees:
Place 1-3 traps per tree (depending on the size) at 1,5-2 m from the ground, alternating their height. The traps should preferably be installed toward the North/North-East side (cooler temperature).
Important note: Check the traps weekly and, if the liquid has run out, refill them with DrosaLure (approximately, every 2-3 weeks).
- DROSAL® Pro trap system can be used as a part of a more complete control strategy, in combination with other practices against Drosophila suzukii.
- An important success factor is the early placement of traps to catch hibernating insects, thus reducing the initial density of pest population.
- Clean and refill the traps regularly (approximately every 2-3 weeks, depending on weather conditions).
- Maintain good hygiene in storage places.
- Remove old and rotten fruit from the cultivated area.
- The trap should be filled with DrosaLure attractant at 100 ml/trap.
- The traps are particularly useful during periods of non-treatment, before harvest.