Trap for the mass trapping and monitoring of Cetonia aurata
FIELD OF APPLICATION: CETONIA TRAP should be used for the mass trapping and the monitoring of Cetonia aurata, both on herbaceous crops and trees, including hedges and ornamental flowers.
CETONIA TRAP is supplied with a capture device and a pheromone lasting 6-7 weeks (aggregation pheromones).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
It is recommended to install at least 10-15 traps per hectare, starting from the end of April, respecting these indications:
– Within the farms, it is recommended to direct captures towards the areas that are more favourable to the insect development.
– For mass trapping, place 10-15 traps/ha, at about 1.5 m from the ground.
– Place the traps on plants that are attractive for Cetonia aurata, possibly with flowers and within 20-30 m from a building (especially at the beginning of the season).
– WARNING: in case of high populations of Cetonia aurata, there may be an increase in damages on the plants where the trap is placed. Select plants which are on the border of and/or external to the crop to concentrate as many specimens as possible.
– Check and empty the traps daily.
– Change the pheromones, according to the supplier’s instructions.
The trap must be repositioned in a different place in case the captures are low.